Toy Vehicles Information
Owning a recreational vehicle (RV) can be a big responsibility. Because RVs double as vehicles and homes, they are often susceptible to more accidents and other incidents than a car. Acquiring an RV insurance policy is an excellent form of financial protection against unforeseen incidents.
What Is RV Insurance?
RV insurance is a policy standard among motorhome owners. In exchange for an insurance premium, policyholders are given financial protection from their insurance providers against RV accidents such as collisions, fires and theft. Depending on your policy and the type of claim you file, you may be required to pay a deductible. This is a preset amount of money you’re responsible for paying toward a covered loss before insurance will step in to cover the rest of the costs up to your policy limit.
What Does RV Insurance Cover?
Coverage differs among RV owners, but a standard RV insurance policy commonly includes the following options:
- Liability insurance helps insure against damage or injuries you cause to others if you are at fault in a wreck.
- Collision insurance helps cover damage to your vehicle after a wreck or collision with an object (e.g., a sign).
- Comprehensive insurance helps pay for vehicle damage from non-collision mishaps, such as weather damage.
- Medical payments coverage helps cover your medical bills and passengers’ expenses.
- Uninsured/underinsured insurance helps insure you against damage caused by someone who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage.
- Campsite and vacation coverage helps cover liabilities associated with using the RV as a vacation property.
- Full-time residence insurance is intended for those permanently living in their RVs
Additional coverages might include roadside assistance, rental car coverage and expense protection options. Learn more about policy customization options by contacting the agents at Illinois Insurance Associates.
Is RV Insurance Required?
Illinois requires RV owners to carry liability insurance for their motorhomes. However, having more than the minimum liability insurance requirement is essential to limit potential accident-related costs. Our agents can help you learn about the right coverages to include in your policy.
Contact Our Agency
We can assist you if you are an RV owner near Naperville, Illinois. The dedicated agents at Illinois Insurance Associates are here to help you learn more about RV insurance so you can select the right coverage for your situation.
For more information, contact our agency today at 630-362-5915.